Remedial Massage Therapy
Remedial Massage Therapy?
Remedial Massage Therapy is defined as the rubbing and kneading of bodily soft tissue with the intention of reducing pain and the sensation of soft tissue restriction. Remedial Massage Therapy consists of a mixture of relaxation and deep tissue massage techniques to mainly address pain and sensitivity. The goal of Remedial Massageis to restore physical function, facilitate the healing of damaged and dysfunctional tissues in the body, and reduce stress hormones.
At RBP we understand that humans need physical touch to begin the healing process, and that is why we have an emphasis on the ‘hands-on’ approach.
We believe that providing our clients with physical rehabilitation is not enough, and manual therapy such as fire cupping, deep tissue massage, joint adjustments, and dry needling are necessary for maximising recovery and restoring function (in combination with rehabilitation of course).
benefit from Remedial Massage Therapy?
If your body has any aches, pain, stiffness, tightness, fatigue, or you simply just want to destress and deload, Remedial Massage is for you.
At RBP we work with people from all ages and walks of life – from children through to the elderly, from your desk workers through to your professional athletes.
We work with anyone who fits the criteria of a body that is sore, stiff, tight, weak, injured or performing at sub-par.
Conditions Remedial Massage Therapy
Joint pain and stiffness
- Lower back pain and stiffness
- Shoulder pain and stiffness
- Neck pain and stiffness
- Upper back and mid back pain and stiffness
- Knee pain and stiffness
- Hip pain and stiffness
- Elbow and wrist pain and stiffness
- Ankle and foot pain and stiffness
- Hand and wrist pain and stiffness
Muscular pain and tightness
- Neck pain and tightness
- Lower back pain and tightness
- Upper back and mid back pain and tightness
- Shoulder pain and tightness
- Quadricep or hamstring pain and tightness
- Forearm and hand pain and tightness
- Hip flexor and ‘glute’ pain and tightness
- Calf and shin pain and tightness
- Foot and arch pain and tightness
- Bicep and tricep pain and tightness
- Sciatica or nerve pain
- Tendon pain and inflammation
- Joint arthritis and inflammation
- Joint bursitis and inflammation
What can I expect from Remedial Massage Therapy at Results Based Physiotherapy?
You can expect results when it comes to Results Based Physiotherapy – it’s literally in the name. We get people results and outcomes second to none when it comes to musculoskeletal injuries, pain and dysfunction.
You can also expect honesty and transparency as we are not a sales based Physiotherapy business. If we know another health professional that can help you go from A to Z faster than what Massage Therapy can do for you, you will be referred on your first visit with us. We understand that you come for the best advice, and the best help – this is what we pride ourselves on.
In your consult with us, you can expect:
- Warm welcome and introduction
- Generous appointment length of 60 minutes
- Thorough examination and assessment
- Thorough explanations and education of the presenting issues
- Thorough manual therapy treatment using a wide array of methods and tools
- Transparent and up-front treatment plan which covers when we want to see you, and how many times you need treatment in order to get optimal and fast results (flexible and adjusts as you improve)
- Advice and referrals to other health professionals when appropriate