South Melbourne Physiotherapy.
Physiotherapy is defined by ‘Physical-Therapy’. This can be interpreted as ‘hands on’
manual therapy such as deep tissue massage, and physical rehabilitation training (or
therapy) such as lifting weights.
Physiotherapy has existed in our society for hundreds of years and Physiotherapists are known as the ‘go to’ health professionals for injuries, physical pain, and physical rehabilitation. The goal of Physiotherapy is to restore physical function, facilitate the healing of damaged and dysfunctional tissues in the body, and provide the body with a framework to become physically healthier, and stronger than before to eliminate pain and dysfunction.
In modern times, Physiotherapy is now mainly practised with a ‘hands-off’ approach which heavily focuses on rehabilitation alone – this is where the Physiotherapists at ‘Results Based Physiotherapy’ (RBP) are very different, and operate more similarly to ‘Physical Therapists’.
At RBP we understand that humans need physical touch to begin the healing process, and that is why we have an emphasis on the ‘hands-on’ approach to Physiotherapy.
We believe that providing our clients with physical rehabilitation is not enough, and manual therapy such as fire cupping, deep tissue massage, joint adjustments, and dry needling are necessary for maximising recovery and restoring function (in combination with rehabilitation of course).
benefit from Physiotherapy?
If your body has any aches, pain, stiffness, tightness, weakness, or some physical barrier that is preventing your body’s physical progression when it comes to physical activity, Physiotherapy is for you.
At RBP we work with people from all ages and walks of life – from children through to the elderly, from your desk workers through to your professional athletes.
We work with anyone who needs us. If you are sore, stiff, tight, weak, injured or feel like you’re in need of some Physiotherapy or Massage Therapy, come and see our team. We don’t only work with injured bodies, we also work with people who are performing well and want to perform better – physically, emotionally and psychologically.
Muscular pain and tightness
- Neck pain and tightness
- Lower back pain and tightness
- Upper back and mid back pain and tightness
- Shoulder pain and tightness
- Quadricep or hamstring pain and tightness
- Forearm and hand pain and tightness
- Hip flexor and ‘glute’ pain and tightness
- Calf and shin pain and tightness
- Foot and arch pain and tightness
- Bicep and tricep pain and tightness
Joint pain and stiffness
- Lower back pain and stiffness
- Shoulder pain and stiffness
- Neck pain and stiffness
- Upper back and mid back pain and stiffness
- Knee pain and stiffness
- Hip pain and stiffness
- Elbow and wrist pain and stiffness
- Ankle and foot pain and stiffness
- Hand and wrist pain and stiffness
- Sciatica or nerve pain
- Tendon pain and inflammation
- Joint arthritis and inflammation
- Joint bursitis and inflammation
What can I expect from Physiotherapy at Results Based Physiotherapy?
You can expect results when it comes to Results Based Physiotherapy – it’s literally in the name. We get people results and outcomes second to none when it comes to musculoskeletal injuries, pain and dysfunction.
You can also expect honesty and transparency as we are not a sales based Physiotherapy business. If we know another health professional that can help you go from A to Z faster than what Physiotherapy can do for you, you will be referred on your first visit with us. We understand that you come for the best advice, and the best help – this is what we pride
In your consult with us, you can expect:
- Warm welcome and introduction
- Now starting at 30 minutes for Physiotherapy and 60 minutes for Massage Therapy.
- Thorough examination and assessment
- Thorough explanations and education of the presenting issues
- Thorough manual therapy treatment using a wide array of methods and tools
- Intelligent, comprehensive and individualised rehabilitation programs
- Transparent and up-front treatment plan which covers when we want to see you, and
how many times you need treatment in order to get optimal and fast results (flexible
and adjusts as you improve)
- Advice and referrals to other health professionals when appropriate
You can expect this from the Physiotherapists at RBP:
- Highly trained Physiotherapists in diagnosing and treating any musculoskeletal injury,
pain and/or dysfunction
- Highly trained Physiotherapists in communication
- Highly trained Physiotherapists in manual therapy
- Deep Tissue Massage
- Fire and Vacuum Cupping
- Dry Needling and Electro-Dry Needling
- Scraping / Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Massage
- Spinal and Joint Adjustments / Manipulation
- Highly trained Physiotherapists in exercise and injury rehabilitation
- Highly trained Physiotherapists in strength and conditioning / resistance training
Time frame for results:
There are many many variables when it comes to recovery and healing time frames! We know that each person is different and therefore will heal and adapt to treatment and rehabilitation differently. Each person’s body and journey is subjective to them and this is why we cannot put a generic time frame on people getting their results – over the website that is. Our solution to this is our ‘Treatment Plan’ which is explained to you in detail in the first consult regarding the time frames around healing, and achieving those goals that have been set by you.